1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Apex Mobile for Android?

Discussion in 'Apex' started by OSU Beavers, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Randall, we haven't heard any news on this from Apex since March.

Any plans for an Apex Mobile for Android which syncs with ACI Report or Total2011?

Should I save up for a $500+ Windows 8 tablet instead?

2. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Senior Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Texas
    OSUB,

Sorry for being so absent on this forum lately - I have been out and about.
    I know you and others get tired of me saying this, but I have to say it again - we don't talk about stuff that is not out in at least Field Trial status. That said, I can say that the iPad version is out in the field now. I know you are asking about the Android version, but the iPad version is relevant because the two versions have the identical code base with the (very minor) difference for some UI tweaks and some "under the hood" items which are done slightly different for each OS. FWIW, I think you can expect to see a video done on Android within the next 30 days (?) Also FWIW, I happen to like the Android version better because of certain features which are restricted under iOS are opened up under Android and there are a plethora of devices to choose from. This is NOT a "slam" on the iPad - I own 3 personally and bought more than I care to admit for staff, etc. ;-) I use both platforms on any given day. I am just able to do more of what I happen to like with my Android Tabs than I can with any of my iPads. I happen to personally prefer either my ASUS Transformer or my Lenovo ThinkPad slate Tablet over the iPad. Of the two, the Lenovo is the better for ME. YMMV on that and as I always say - use what works best for YOU... :)

Hope this helps for now.

-Randall Garrett-
    ..Apex Software..

/end/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.