• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Institute Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
AI made their decision. That organization is in a mess. Every residential appraiser should resign. I had everything filled out and ready to go to start my SRA because of Cindy. I’ll never join now.

Leadership at the top of this profession needs to be purged immediately.

AI made their decision. That organization is in a mess. Every residential appraiser should resign. I had everything filled out and ready to go to start my SRA because of Cindy. I’ll never join now.

Leadership at the top of this profession needs to be purged immediately.
Every residential appraiser should resign. Agreed 100%

And it’s telling that an outsider/non-appraiser like Cindy is hired to be CEO and immediately recognizes all the mistakes they are making if they are truly advocates for the profession. It’s a shame that an MAI is still valued in commercial banking careers - otherwise they would all quit too. I only know a few, but most of them only hold their designation because of their high paying job at banks. They think AI is disgusting as the residential appraiser does.

Last edited:
And it’s telling that an outsider/non-appraiser like Cindy is hired to be CEO and immediately recognizes all the mistakes they are making if they are truly advocates for the profession. It’s a shame that an MAI is still valued in commercial banking careers - otherwise they would all quit too. I only know a few, but most of them only hold their designation because of they’re high paying job at banks. They think AI is disgusting as the residential appraiser does.
Yeah, I've said basically the same for years; If those on the corporate side (MAI and SRA) had to pay their own CE and rent year after year the AI would be in trouble.

I voted for the past society merger into the appraisal institute. The institute from it's beginning didn't care about residetial appraisers. At a time when you could only get work with a SRA designation, the institute was gung ho for certification. They killed their own members. I have no idea what the benefit was to having certification instead of the SRA desinationg.

Can't have someone with a PhD in ethics be CEO of an unethical corrupt organization. Honestly, I have no idea how she even got the job - you'd think after the AI board saw ethics professor on her resume, they've just have tossed it. They need someone who is good at taking bribes and selling favors for cash at top.

I was a big fan of the Society until the AI took it over. The SRA is still useful for testimony work, but AMCs could not care less if you have a designation, only a pulse. I have to admit I have not been involved with any organization for over 20 years, not really sure what this is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back