1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Exterior Only Drive By - Source(s) Used For Physical Characteristics of the Property

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by Glen Gerber, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glen Gerber

Glen Gerber Sophomore Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Texas
    Page 1 of the URAR.......the first line under IMPROVEMENTS:
    Source(s) Used For Physical Characteristics of the Property.
    There are 5 checkboxes:

( ) Appraisal Files
    ( ) MLS
    ( ) Assessment and Tax Records
    ( ) Prior Inspection
    ( ) Property Owner

Just about every appraisal automatically gets a check mark under MLS and Assessment and Tax Records.

This particular Drive By report I worked on today we inspected back in March of 2006 and all I had to do was pull up the digital file on disk and pull up the old digital report. On the prior appraisal the property was measured so the old appraisal gave me the exact livable area sf....so I checked the Prior Inspection box.

And lastly I called the homeowner to see if they had corrected some issues that were observed back in 2006 or done any improvements.........so I checked the ( ) Property Owner box.

So what is ( ) Appraisal Files?
    Is it personal files of neighborhood data, market data, etc, etc I have collected?
    Or is it considered to be the file from the prior 2006 appraisal which I didn't retrieve from storage?

So what is considered " ( ) Appraisal Files" ?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    If you did not complete the Prior Inspection, but someone in your office did, the information came from Appraisal Files. If an appraiser from another office did the appraisal and shares his/her information or faxes over a redacted report, I use the blank box to state Fellow Appraiser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.