1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

For Those That Teach Pre Licensing Courses

Discussion in 'Appraisal Education' started by TEL2002, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEL2002

TEL2002 Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Louisiana
    Idea for a prelicense course (maybe even CEU course).

Entire course is dedicated to the "Fannie Mae Selling and Servicing Guide
    Part XI Property and Appraisal Guidelines". I think you could easily do 1 or 2 days out of all of those pages.

I just finished copying all of it over to MS Word and I have 64, single spaced, #10 font pages. I think it would make an excellent text book...'as is' or maybe 'subject to completion by appropriate instructor staff'.

2. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    We do a four hour block on the selling guide in our 75 hour pre-license course.

3. Don Clark

Don Clark Elite Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Virginia
    B) Terry,

I teach the same course but I use "The Appraisers Handbook". I am not sure you can legally copy the selling guide except for your own use, or that you can use it as you describe. It is copyrighted. I suggest you send a note to Joe Minnich and ask him. But, I do agree, it makes a good course. When I use the appraisers handbook($15.00 from Fannie Mae) I do it as a 7 hour CE course approved in a bunch of states. Now, if you add the new forms to that I agree that it could be a 2 day course(14 hours). I also agree that it is a good course. If you get permission from Fannie Mae to reprint portions of the selling guide then go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.