Get Concessions Back on the MLS

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by Terrel L. Shields, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    This months Arkansas Realtor has a page (6) which invites Realtors to put in their 2 cents about what changes you (Realtors) would like to see to the ARA Real Estate Forms....OK, lets do it...EVERYONE!!!

ANYONE who licenses in Arkansas has a vested interest.

Send a Letter to
    The Risk Reduction Committee
    Arkansas Realtors Association
    11224 Executive Center Drive
    Little Rock, AR 72211

Ask them to place in the REAL ESTATE LISTING and/or REAL ESTATE CONTRACT a default statement saying the information concerning financing and concessions paid to the buyer will be made available to Realtor Members as a normal course of business during their practice of Appraising in the Multilisting Service or in the office of the Realtor upon request. If the person wishes to opt out of that, then they should be required to sign a separate document stating that they evoke their right under Gramm-Leach-Bliley and do not wish this information to be provided to appraisers.

Folks, this is our best shot to get concessions and financing back into the MLS... Go for it. It needs to be done before April 15, 2010. Any NAR member with better language or who wishes to support this proposition please feel free to drop the ARA a line...

2. hambone

hambone Sophomore Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    I'm in. Just got my issue of AR Realtor.

I'll prepare mine today.

Everybody now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.