1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

God Bless America!

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by normando, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normando

normando Senior Member

May 2, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Yesterday, I saw this house in middle class neighborhood.
    This area is as middle class heart of America as you can get.
    When I went to the house early, the mom just got out of the car and she let me in. I said let me do outside front measurements and I'll come in few minutes.
    Later a boy about 9-10 years old also came out of the car and he formally introduced himself and shook my hand. This is not by the nudging of his mom to be polite. I was taken aback. In all my decades of appraising over 3,000 homes, I never had a child come up to me with such politeness. I can see he wanted to help me but I thought he was in my way at that time. In retrospect, that boy is special. I see something in him that he can be whatever he wants... that he can be successful if he wants ... and even the President of the United States if he wants.
    That's what makes America great. In the midst of such constant change and uncertainties, there among us is an American child, if not that boy somewhere in suburbia, who will led us to greater things yet to be achieved.

2. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of the Month

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    A child that shows an interest in anything besides a video game today is special in so many ways. My helpers youngest granddaughter loves the farm, tractors, cows, and wants to be a vet. It's a shame she isn't being raised on a farm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.