1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Has anyone work for Metro-West Appraisals?

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Whitey6970, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitey6970

Whitey6970 New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    I got offered a staff appraiser position at Metro-West Appraisals and wanted to know if it was a good company to work for or not.
    Great benefits, but approximately 150 per appraisal so wanted to know more about the company since they want a 24 hour turn-around time.

2. ValuMan

ValuMan Junior Member

May 21, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Is it worth it - what do they get per app? Supply a car or mileage stipend?

3. Doug DeMars

Doug DeMars Senior Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Better clarify great benefits...

4. Whitey6970

Whitey6970 New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    Metro-West Benefits

They pay for ACI software, E & O insurance, Health Insurance and 401K after a year. I don't like the 24 hour turn around time since some appraisals do take longer if they are to be done right. I just wanted to know if anyone had 1st hand experience with this company, since I have to sign a "non-compete" contract and am not allowed to work for anyone else......thx

5. CCAAMO

CCAAMO Senior Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Are they going to give you a small geographic area and will they supply you with enough appraisals in that area to justify only getting $150 a pop?

6. panappr

panappr Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Do you really think they'll be around in a year?

7. NORTON

NORTON Senior Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    ASK THEM HOW MANY ON THE STAFF HAVE BEEN THERE LONGER THAN ONE YEAR.....SOUNDS LIKE ROUND THE TIME THE YEAR IS UP....OOOOPS...WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WORK FOR YA!...24 HOUR TURN TIME...ARE U FRIAKIN NUTS!!!! FOR $150....WHAT ARE U GOING TO DO IN A YEAR WHEN THEY ONLY OFFER $100? WELL ASK THE GUY THAT WAS WORKING FOR THEM TWO YEARS AGO WHEN THEY WERE PAYING HIM $250....AND YOU TOOK HIS PLACE FOR $150....NEXT BATTER....YOU'RE UP!!!

8. Lee in L.A.

Lee in L.A. Elite Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    There would need to be a solid 4 figure monthly salary under / added to that $150 per before I would even think about it. :fiddle:

Thanks for letting me know not to waste my time.

9. DonRico

DonRico Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    South Carolina
    The thing that absolutely boggles my mind.....why is 24 hour TAT mandatory ??

It normally takes weeks to close a loan, why not give the most important step (the Estimation of Value) 2 or 3 days to do a thorough job of gathering & reporting data ??

And the cost thingy....the appraisal fee is usually the lowest line item on the HUD-1. Again, the overall loan process costs thousands with Application Fees, Documentation Fees, Title Searches, etc. Why are they squeezing us for couple of hundred bucks ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.