1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

House on the market for $135 million

Discussion in 'General Real Estate and Real Estate Finance' started by Ariba, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    My family is from Burlington, Iowa. My mother's best friend had a son who was 6 months younger than me. We both got tossed into the family swimming pool at the age of 1 year...anyway, he moved out to Colorado in the 60s and ended up in Aspen where he would build one house a year as he had a pretty substantial trust fund. One of the houses he built was bought by Cher.

He also was a ski instructor at the Highlands and would build a house during the down months and then live in it over the winter before selling it and starting a new one. He had to give it up in the 80s as the price of real estate got so high he couldn't float the construction loans.

I think my last ski trip to Aspen was in 69 which was right after my divorce from my first wife. I had just quit the El Paso County Sheriff's office as a patrol deputy and was invited up there by a dispatcher for the Pitkin County S.O.

Art (Meter) Blaul is my friend who was the builder, his wife Ann bought a hotel up there and was a singer in the dinner theater...I can't remember the name of the place but it was pretty famous.

Guess lift tickets this year will be $150 a day...well beyond my means but then my knees won't take skiing any more any way.