1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Issues with Nexus Symbols

Discussion in 'Apex' started by Tyler Grundvig, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler Grundvig

Tyler Grundvig New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    Symbols in Nexus are not very user friendly. I create detailed floor plans for listing agents and when I try to add a symbol in the field it takes too long. The current select the green dot and rotate just isn't very user friendly.

Is there a way to create a rotation like using the letter 'R' on the keyboard? In Nexus v1 I was able to create multiple symbols which made things faster. I would have a common symbol like a range and I had 8 versions of that symbol for all the different angles I might run into. However, with v2 of Nexus I am not able to take an existing symbol and create new ones with it like I could the older version. So, after I draw a kitchen, I have to select a range and then try to rotate it until it is aligned......which is hit or miss. Sometimes it will align quickly, and sometimes it never aligns perfectly.

Just curious if there was a way to either allow symbol manipulation (turn a symbol 45 degrees and save it as a new symbol), or have Nexus allow rotation by degrees similar to using the 'R' key.

Thanks in advance for your response.

2. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Senior Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Texas
    Hi Tyler,

You will see some nice improvements in the next release of Nexus. Per my reply to you on the curved staircase symbols for Medina, the next update is likely to come in the January or February time frame. Since people use both Nexus and Medina together, we try to do near simultaneous releases of those products.

Sorry so brief, am between meetings and end of year items.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
    ..Apex Software..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.