1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mortgage Bankes Celebrate Victory

Discussion in 'General Real Estate and Real Estate Finance' started by Julio E. Sune Jr. (FL), May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julio E. Sune Jr. (FL)

Julio E. Sune Jr. (FL) Senior Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
  2. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    The Mortgage brokers have no dog in the cram down. They are selling this junk as brokers. Their only vision is volume and volume relates to the cost of borrowing. The cost of borrowing will have to do up if banks cannot depend upon foreclosure as leverage to get people to pay their bills.

I know one fellow who got himself in a pickle by trading properties on contract with a party now in bankrupcty (a builder). He said, "If I lose my home over ***'s stupid bankruptcy, then I am going to lock my horse in the house for 2 days just before I leave....
    And knowing this guy, he will. The banks have to be able to foreclose or no one will pay for their place unless they are terribly honest. Depending upon a "man's word being his bond" is the reason contracts are written, signed, and recorded....man's word isn't real dependable anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.