1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

My crappy day

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by Greg davenport, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg davenport

Greg davenport Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    I wish I had a restart button or a do over button for today.

I start by “Killing” a FHA purchase by having the nerve to bring it nt only 17% ($40,000) short of the contracted price.

Then I get a call from a local (Arkansas based) bank to convert a USDA appraisal to a FHA, should be no big deal, BUT…

They want me to do it on only 2 of the 10 acres the properties is on. I said fine, get me a survey, they said NO, just do it and make us happy.
    I said no can do the property does not meet the FHA criteria for Excess land, and I was told they would just find someone who was more willing to work for them. m2:
    I know they will find someone to do it.

At least I called the Denver HOC to give them the address so they can watch for it.

If I could go back in time, I would still put the nails in the coffin of the deal, but I would not bother answering the phone.

I understand why I have no business now, I try too hard to play by the rules.

2. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    - Ken Lewis after buying Merrill Lynch and finding out he was the one lynched as Paulson threatened to break B of America if they didn't go thru with the deal.

It is the price we pay for being honest.

3. Ariba

Ariba Senior Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    Always makes me wonder who the buyer real estate agents represent? What is their fiduciary responsibility to the buyer. You don't have to answer, I know the answer.

Also, gives a new meaning to fair sale, buyer and seller acting prudently, knowledgeably, and are well advised.

Real estate agent like this should be turned into the state IMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.