State If Florida Certified Appraisers Test

Discussion in 'Appraisal Education' started by J. Hill, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. Hill

J. Hill New Member

Feb 19, 2002
    I have tried to contact the State of Florida with this question but with their new computer system it is not easy getting through to find an answer.

When I tried to call them it was two hours of phone calls waiting to get to talk to someone who did not know the answer to my question.

I know that you need two years of work experience along with at least 150 reports but do these reports still have to total 2000 hours?

I have completed over 250 reports but each report does not take 8 hours to complete and I was wondering if the reports must total up to 2000 hours or is having three or more years of experience enough.

Thanks J. Hill

2. Francois K. Gregoire

Francois K. Gregoire Senior Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    The applicable rule, 61J1-6.001, describes several ways to meet the experience requirements needed for certification. One way, as you have found, is to complete 150 supported and documented appraisal reports.

You have also correctly determined the experience must be obtained over a period of at least 24 months.

If you email me using the link below, and provide your email address, I will forward a telephone number and contact person to answer other questions you may have.

Frank

(use the EMAIL button below)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.