1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

U3 Apex / Nexus?

Discussion in 'Apex' started by Ted Martin, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Kansas
    Has anyone got Apex or Nexus (or any other sketch program) to run on a U3 usb drive. I often work on client provided computers that I don't have admin privileges to install software on and would like to be able to have a sketch program installed on a U3 thumb drive so I would have access to my own software.

2. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Senior Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Texas
    Hi Ted,

I messed around with the U3 and related technologies quite a while back but since they did not take off, I never went very far with that. I don't know of any reason it could not be supported, though. The big issue with Nexus would be, though, that it requires the Tablet services in order to run, so depending on how that factors in with your client's devices, it may or may not be a factor. Anything with Vista or W7 should be OK since tablet stuff is built into all but the lowest editions. With lesser OS installs, you might have to install the free MS tablet resources. There is no such restriction with regular Apex (aka "Medina.")

Hope this helps! Feel free to write again with more details or PM me if that is more appropriate.

-Randall Garrett-
    ..Apex Software..

/end/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.