Urgent Problem Orea Reciprocal Agreement With Mi

Discussion in 'Appraisal Education' started by Monicalslam, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monicalslam

Monicalslam New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    As being a new So. Cal. Apraisal trainee, I need to make a big decision on whether to accept the offer of being trainned in Michigan. Because I have to relocate to another State. Most likely I will move back to So. Cal. But I check aggainst the OREA reciprocal aggrement, it seems they have no such relationship with MI. :(

My biggest concern is after completing the apprentice program, which means 2000 hrs of trainning in MI. AM I eligible to get practise as a license Appraiser in So. Cal. :question:

HELP :blueflower:

Monica

2. David Michael

David Michael Guest

Top Poster Of Month

It is my understanding that when you complete your log for Cali you can use the appraisals you completed in Michigan.

3. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I would strongly suggest you WRITE to CA OREA to ask this question and get your answer in writing!!!

4. tommcsherry

tommcsherry Senior Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Nevada
    California doesn't have any reciprocal agreement with Michigan. You will have to write OREA to find out whether they will accept trainee experience from out of state in order to get your initial license in CA.

I know that, if you were to become licensed in MI first...and THEN try to get a license in CA, they will accept the experience. You have to provide your log and jump thru all their hoops, but they accept it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.