1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Warning Vistaprint

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Todd Alger, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Alger

Todd Alger New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    I am posting this here because members recommended VistaPrint for business cards. I was happy with my cards and service but have come to regret using VistaPrint. This is because, for the second time, I have noticed charges to my credit card that were unrecognizable as things I had actually bought. When I called to inquire about the charges, they came from VistaPrint giving away my credit card info.

Since I got the recommendation from this forum, I thought it proper to also give a warning. Do not use VistaPrint unless you do not mind your credit card info being given away and closely monitor your charges.

2. Bill Rose

Bill Rose Senior Member

Aug 25, 2003
    Great tip. Thanks. Try PrintPal.

3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
    Fighting charges, stolen CC number.... I'll stick with my local printer who isn't too expensive.

4. Michelle Smith

Michelle Smith Sophomore Member

May 21, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Yikes! Good luck! (And thanks for the advice)

5. Tom Foster

Tom Foster Senior Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Are you sure that it was vista print that gave out your number??

I have used them for over 4 years and 7 orders of cards - no credit card theft yet. (yet ).......

I read a study that showed that the common everyday credit theft is someone like the waiter at the restaurant

Give him the credit card and he just copies down all the info on a napkin.

Or the better yet, just goes into the managers’ office and make a photo copy of your credit card, front and back. Got your signature, security code, etc.

I’m not sure the database that Vista Print is running, but I used to maintain an on-line SQL 7 database with over 1 million credit card numbers for an on-line travel agency.

I encrypted the Credit card number column to prevent hackers that might get in via SQL injection attack.

Lathers,

Tom ( Sparky the Appraiser )

6. Todd Alger

Todd Alger New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Yes, I am sure. Check out the general forum where I was requested to copy this post and someone else tells the same story.

Are YOU sure VistaPrint did not give your credit card away?

7. Bobby Bucks

Bobby Bucks Elite Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Real Estate Agent or Broker
    State:
    North Dakota
    Hingham, Massachussetts? Is the Venetian still in business there?
    Maybe they're in Weymouth.

8. Will43

Will43 Senior Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    I have used them for about 2 years with good luck.

Can you pay with pay pal instead of giving them your credit card number?

9. I've been using Vistaprint for a few years with no problems BUT I did notice
    they have a special offer now when you place your order that you need
    to decline.

My son fell for it and had a recurring $9.95 (or somthing close) on his account.
    He had a very hard time getting them to cancel it and they kept charging him.
    They did finally reverse the charges but he had to work at it to get them to do it.

Alisa

:unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.