X-site order manager licensing

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by incognito, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incognito

incognito Senior Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I finally got my new laptop set-up and went to install X-sites order manager. I currently use a desktop with Athena, and my idea was to start taking the laptop with me in the field, and home, and syncing the 2 computers when I make it back to the office. I have ALL of that worked out. Even Apex allows the license to be transferred from one computer to another very quickly.

However, Al-a Mode will not allow me to switch licenses for X-site order manager from one computer to another. I have to call tech support, and have them do it. YEAH RIGHT, I am going to call tech support every day, wait on hold for god knows how long, just to do this.

I explained to them that this is silly, and couldn't I just get the license on my laptop too? Lets face it, I paid for the software, and they encourage the use on a desktop and laptop.

The tech's recommendation was to purchase a whole new license for the laptop. This yearly renewal/license crap is really getting out of hand!

2. Doug Meyer

Doug Meyer Senior Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Indiana
    fees for this, fees for that. It is really starting to add up!! I do not use xsites as I have gotten less than 2 orders on them in over several years. Th only orders I did get were from a cut rate firm that wanted to not pay me after the appraisal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.