ZZGAMAZZ
Elite Member
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2007
- Professional Status
- Certified Residential Appraiser
- State
- California
The subject is legal non-confoming improved as a 4-unit residential income producing property on a parcel currently zoned light industrial, just about the only property within a mile in either direction with anything other than big commercial/industrial improvements, on a 1-acre parcel in a suburban city where residential parcels are max 15,000 sf. I'm conducting a direct market analysis of vacant land to determine the value of the site as vacant in the CA. I'M CONFUSED about whether to base my Opinion on residential lots [which reflects the current use, or industrial lots that reflect HJBU.... but if I apply the result to obtain the adjustment factor in the SCA, the per-unit difference could reveal a land/total value ratio of like 95%, and change the OV in the SCA from, say, $1.2M to [estimated] $6M - $8M.
Probably should conduct HBU first although current use presumably would NOT be revealed...and for better or worse I'm not losing the job because just way too many creditors waiting to get paid...
Probably should conduct HBU first although current use presumably would NOT be revealed...and for better or worse I'm not losing the job because just way too many creditors waiting to get paid...