• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Apex Sketch Overlap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jody Doyle

Sophomore Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
I am sorry I can't tell what version I use at the office, (I am home now and only have the newly downloaded play version) I will find out tommorrow the office version but this is my problem; today I had a large dwelling to draw. I sketched the first floor on page one and added a page and drew floors two and three. When I went into my DayOne winsketch, my second floor overlayed my first floor. I went back into the sketch and saw separate drawings on separate pages. I printed out the pages while in apex but the bottom calaculations are cut off. I ended up having to erase everything, rescale and redraw on one page. Have you heard of this problem before? I'll find out my version tommorrow but if there is a generic answer, I'd appreciate help..
Thanks,
Jody
 
Jody,

There is a long process I could tell you about that I used to use in the old days when i first started using apex. Guess I will tell you now, here goes.

after you have finished your drawing go to EDIT and then to COPY and over to COPY SPECIAL. click there and a new window will open up with your drawing and calculations on that page.

Click on view and uncheck FORM.

Then click on Copy and click to clipboard.

Next open up your word processing program (in my case Lotus Word Pro) and open up a blank page preferrable legal size. Now click on your paste button in the program. if it works like mine your drawing with your dimensions will now be on your screen. next I need to open up the window of the drawing so that it takes up most of the page. After it is set I print the page.

Now the next part you will have to sort of work out on your own cause I don't use the Day One program (I am a devoted ClickFORMS user). But I will tell you what I do and you apply what you can to your program. Basically I will add an UNTITLED EXHIBIT PAGE to my program and then scan the printed drawing into the page and label the page SKETCH ADDENDUM. For whatever reasoning, we can't scan into our sketch pages. I guess they expect you to use a sketch program.

This way you can get your drawings on separate pages. I know it is a hell of a lot of work but sometimes it has to be done to get over problem drawings. Hope this helps...


Bill Baughn :fencing:
 
Bill,
Thanks for the steps involved in not having an overlap. It doesn't seem right though that so much is involved! But sometimes the shortest way isn't always possible since it's not a perfect world. I have had to scan drawings in to reports- My solution has been in DayOne to add a headerless addenda under the scanned attachements menu and scanned the drawing into that. Thanks. Jody
 
Sounds like (to me) that there is a glitch in the way Day One handles multi-page sketches during integration. I'll have our QA staff contact Day One on this. In the mean time, your Apex version number(s) would be helpful. To find the version number, select the Help menu and then "About" and you should see the version number and the program "publication" date.

Hope this helps!
 
Originally posted by Jody Doyle@Aug 3 2005, 04:34 AM
Bill,
Thanks for the steps involved in not having an overlap. It doesn't seem right though that so much is involved! But sometimes the shortest way isn't always possible since it's not a perfect world. I have had to scan drawings in to reports- My solution has been in DayOne to add a headerless addenda under the scanned attachements menu and scanned the drawing into that. Thanks. Jody
Jody,

I understand, but like you say sometimes the quickest way isn't a straight line. The basic suggestion was provided to me by Apex long time ago. Glad to hear it helped.


Robert,

I don't use Day One but ClickFORMS. I was trying to see how to get more pages in my sketches but didn't see any where to add an additional page? Maybe I need to clean my glasses?


Bill Baughn :fencing:
 
Bill:

You can add a Page in two spots:

1. Draw Menu >> Page(s) >> Add

2. Click on the right Arrow Button on the Sketch Page indicator (located on the interface looks similar to: [<] 1:1 [>] whenever you reach the last page, click this button will prompt you with "Would you like to Add a Page?".

Clicking on the left arrow will Insert a Page. When you are on Page 1 of the file, clicking this will prompt you with "Would you like to Insert a Page?".

Hope this helps!
 
I checked the version of Apex we are using and I guess it is safe to safe my office doesn't like change.. we are using version 1.3.
Jody Doyle
 
Originally posted by Jody Doyle@Aug 5 2005, 07:48 PM
I checked the version of Apex we are using and I guess it is safe to safe my office doesn't like change.. we are using version 1.3.
Jody Doyle
Judy:

Wow! No kidding... That program is well over 6 years old now if my count is right. Still, thanks for the information... I'll see if I can "dust off" (LOL) some of the old tech archives and see if I can find anything...

Chances are, as newer Operating Systems, newer applications and newer integration tools are introduced- older software apps can be affected like this. But I don't like just chaulking it up to "being old" unless I'm sure.

I'll get back to you on this...
 
Thanks again for your response. I understand now that the office's software has not been updated in approx. 6+ years and perhaps these problems have been improved upon.

Just a note, I am a traineee, I have been appraising almost 2 years. My office has 12 appriasers - 2 trainees and 10 who have 10-25 years experience. I guess the others have found ways to work around situations.

Ideally we'd update the software but, then I'd have 10 appraisers that would have to adjust and learn new techniques. I'm afraid to even bring it up at this time! Thanks.
Jody
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top