• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRFelt

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
Who is using Appraiser Genie? For all that it purports to do, I'm surprised at how few comments exist on this forum. After 2-3 years in business, is no one here using Genie? Is it all smoke and mirrors? I just renewed my membership with Alamode, and I was thinking of trying Genie for the next year and perhaps consider Freedomappraise next year (or Titan, or ?), once my renewal comes up again... Rather than a discussion or argument about the need to understand and/or be able to explain, calculate and support your own adjustments (vs using blackbox software), I'm interested in how much "actual time savings" anyone feels they are getting (or not getting) by using this service??? Anyone willing to share an opinion on whether the Genie is saving them enough time to justify the expense?

I used Appraiser Genie for about a month. I found it to be to "buggy". It crashed frequently and had multiple issues that the developer was always working on. The result was sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not. Because it was not reliable, I stopped using it.

This past summer, Datamaster was introduced to the Chicago Market and MRED. It was pretty good. Did a good job of transferring Address, MRED #, DOM, Contract date, Closed date, garage data for $90 a month. When it came time to renew my elite package with Wintotal, I complained about the expense of the renewal and the inability to get MRED to sync with Total. One of the "perks" of being an elite member is product coaching. In two sessions, the product coach was able to sync MRED with Total. The .csv file downloads the same data into the form and provides the same service as datamaster and appraiser genie for a cost built in to Total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back