• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Could we do without?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraform

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
appraisers against appraisers. the system is flawed. Why would I give a good review against my competition? This review system is so stupid I can only opt out of participation.

Why can't you just give an honest review, without concern for the competitive aspects of business? Can't your local peers produce a good report in your eyes?

Are you so biased to believe that you are competing for lender work on anything other than fee and turn time?

Are you so biased to believe that you are competing for lender work on anything other than fee and turn time?

Sometimes I wonder. Yestarday I asked one of my local clients for a fee increase to take on an assignment for a lake front property as it was going to require more work and travel. The fee was $375 and I just asked for a bump up to $500, a mere $125 increase and this client cancelled the order.

This was not an AMC. This was a local respected bank and direct client.

An appraiser who looks at reviews as a strategic personal or business avenue regarding competition/other appraiser should not accept review assignments.

appraisers against appraisers. the system is flawed. Why would I give a good review against my competition? This review system is so stupid I can only opt out of participation.

I would rather have an Appraiser review than a non-Appraiser.

"Why would I give a good review against my competition?"

Because he or she earned it.

If you need to give bad reviews to thin the herd enough for you to get work you should look in the mirror and maybe find a new career!

Reviews are never supposed to be about the appraiser it's about the work. Which is why the OA name is blacked out, ( or should be blacked out). Though of course some OA are so terrible that they leave one wondering, who is that person and what were they thinking?

When I do reviews, I am thrilled when it's a good report and I can mark it as such. I did one recently that was excellent and I took every opportunity in the comments to say that. However the reality is that in field reviews, most of the work passed along are the problem reports. These reports are flagged for a reason, typically.

Reviews are not supposed to be about the appraiser... it's about the appraisal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back