• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Does anyone use CubiCasa for FHA? Urgent Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaSD

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Is CubiCasa acceptable for FHA appraisal?

No, FHA does not want the inside wall Dims, that is what CC would give you
Also, FHA does not require ANSI or to the Inch crap
Many FHA Appraisers still round to the 1/4 foot (3 inches)
So, no, don't pay for a Floor Plan, there is no need

No, FHA does not want the inside wall Dims, that is what CC would give you
Also, FHA does not require ANSI or to the Inch crap
Many FHA Appraisers still round to the 1/4 foot (3 inches)
So, no, don't pay for a Floor Plan, there is no need
Just did an FHA and did inside walls, its a condo.

Just did an FHA and did inside walls, its a condo.
Yes, typically CONDO Reports use Inside Dims and always have
They are the odd ball in this case
Having done many I still see no need to build a floor plan with CC
a Laser tool should be all you need

I've had a ton of condos that were 1080 sf. All the listings said, 1080 sf, assessor records said 1080 sf, if I measured it to unfinished surfaces, it was close to 1080 sf, so in the grid when I was comparing comparables I used 1080 sf. Being consistent across the board has the benefit of consistency.

Is CubiCasa acceptable for FHA appraisal?
CubiCasa requires you upload appraisal information to a third party for processing. This might violate client confidentiality, so we don't use it.
A better question is, has this been considered by the powers that be, not only on the federal level, but on your state board level?

I've had a ton of condos that were 1080 sf. All the listings said, 1080 sf, assessor records said 1080 sf, if I measured it to unfinished surfaces, it was close to 1080 sf, so in the grid when I was comparing comparables I used 1080 sf. Being consistent across the board has the benefit of consistency.
Yea. But in the regions we cover (11 counties) the courthouses round their measurements to the nearest foot, as do listing agents (if they measure at all), so comparing our ANSI measurements of a tenth of a foot to theirs is comparing apples to oranges. And we can't measure each comparable for every appraisal, we have to go by the courthouse records (accuracy unknown).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back