• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

E & O Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko11

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Rhode Island
A lender and or the AMC wants My E & O in the report, for years I have been told not to include the E & O, as long as it is on file with the AMC.
Seems like including it would give the homeowner a reason to file an unnecessary claim when the value does not meet their needs. AMC is refusing to pay unless I include it. Any thoughts, comments?

Included it on every single report I've done the past 12 years (as required by ALL of my clients).

Some include most don't depending on client.
I stand by my values so I have no problem.

I include it if they want it. My E&O company does not recommend it but acknowledges that lenders will want it so they don’t prevent it.

Per most client requirements, I include a copy of my license and E&O in every report.

I don't see any danger, but I could be wrong. Most of the reviews I've ever done, had their E&O in the report as well

If someone is going to sue you. Them having a copy of your E & O is the last thing I would worry about.

What does it accomplish by not providing it? The client/AMC will have a copy on file anyway - from when you initially signed up/renewed your policy.

as soon as you get a letter from an attorney, they will know your E&O. lenders have an attorney on staff, doesn't cost them any more to sue you. HUD has special agents, who carry guns. won't take long to inform your E&O. so the purpose of not showing your E&O is to make it how many hours longer for them to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back