• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Lithium Price Plunge - No One Buying EVs

I think the markets will sort themselves out over time if the govt just stops throwing money at the mfgs.

I love driving my Tesla. It accelerates fast and I love to drive fast. Tesla is like a computer and I'm amaze with the technology.
If Tesla had more different models to select, I would buy another one. Too bad Elon is a jerk.
EV is cheaper in filling than my gas guzzlers.
No need to do oil changes is a great relief.
Only problem is like a rechargeable battery, I keep an eye on it and like to drain it as low and charge it up to 80% for maximum battery life.

for maximum battery life.
Some batteries last longer than others. I think I read someone has driven 400,000 miles on the same battery. In fact, the Tesla 3 is designed to last 1,500 rechargings. 200-300k. Others not so lucky. 40,000...ugh. Frequent recharging damages the battery. And, your battery life is reduced as much as one-third in freezing temperatures.

A AAA study has since quantified the range loss at 20 degrees Fahrenheit to be roughly 40% lower than at 75 degrees for the average EV.

GM invested $625 million into this Lithium company in Nevada.
GM thinking long term and EV is the future.

GM invested $625 million into this Lithium company in Nevada.
GM thinking long term and EV is the future.
And if lithium is not the "battery of the future" ??? Will be a disastrous investment. A sodium-based battery is probably in the future, and lithium will be limited to small batteries and Atomic bombs.

If any two commodities were central to the industrial revolution, they were coal and steel. Britain pioneered the mass production of both, launching a worldwide transformation that multiplied living standards many times over. And now, ironically, it looks as if, in an almost Maoist pursuit of global leadership in achieving Net Zero, we will be the first major developed country to close them both down. There is just one catch. In reality, that is economic suicide - and time is running out to do anything about it.​

Saw a YT short showing a proud owner of a new CyberTruck plugged in at the power station.
Was going to take 1.5 hours to fill up, giving him 260 mile range for a cost of $70.

Meanwhile, the vid cuts to a lady filling up with fossil fuel for 1.5 minutes, getting 350 mile range for $40.

As my old boss told me back in college, "Everybody is an idiot."

I have said this before. Harley Davidson and batteries Plus have stopped selling Lithium Batteries. The Simple Problem with the Lithium Batteries is they do not recharge back to 100% Well Lead Acid do that also, but thats because of aging. Lithium does this much much sooner after you install it.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back