• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Obtaining a Certified General license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did hear back from the Appraisal Institute. As I thought, there isn't a PAREA program for the AG license. See their response below:

"Hi Wayne,

The AQB has not approved criteria for a Certified General PAREA program. If you’d like to inquire about the possibility of a CG PAREA program, you can find the current criteria and AQB contact information on The Appraisal Foundation’s website here: https://appraisalfoundation.org/imis/TAF/Resources/Regulatory_Information/PAREA/TAF/PAREA.aspx?hkey=e9266611-2c43-4113-8a66-98f3dfb3237b


Chelsey Bishop
AI PAREA Coordinator
312-335-4493
appraisalinstitute.org"
 
I did hear back from the Appraisal Institute. As I thought, there isn't a PAREA program for the AG license. See their response below:

"Hi Wayne,

The AQB has not approved criteria for a Certified General PAREA program. If you’d like to inquire about the possibility of a CG PAREA program, you can find the current criteria and AQB contact information on The Appraisal Foundation’s website here: https://appraisalfoundation.org/imis/TAF/Resources/Regulatory_Information/PAREA/TAF/PAREA.aspx?hkey=e9266611-2c43-4113-8a66-98f3dfb3237b


Chelsey Bishop
AI PAREA Coordinator
312-335-4493
appraisalinstitute.org"
I didn't think there was one. There are just so many people asking about it, including appraisers that are already certified residential that it would be a logical solution for finding a mentor. I guess Appraisal Institute is only concerned about the supposed "shortage" of residential appraisers. Thanks for letting us know how they are responding. Sounds like they are just as helpful as when I was working on my MAI.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top