• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Omg 3.6 Sucks

VA has not give out ultimatum yet. I assume gses will still have to accept their 2.6 until ultimatum is given by VA. There has to be some kind of window. Your talking a ton of loans. I asked a girl a couple days ago and she said no ultimatum yet.
The GSEs don't generally purchase AV loans and what the VA does regarding UAD 3.6 has nothing to do with GSE requirements.....with VA yiou are not talking "a ton of loans" either, VA is only about 8% of the total mortgage market.
 
It's crazy to me to see so many people using TOTAL with the colossal failures and data loss appraisers continue to experience. SFREP does not have an active mobile app right now but integration is coming. Of all the 3.6 softwares I have tested, SFREP is the only one that actually seems to work and consistently deliver reports with minimal failures.

I used alacommode years ago and it was the absolute worst software. I lost so much data and spent so many hours double typing reports, there is no way you'd ever get me to go back. It seems that has not changed for them. They sell the bells and whistles to make their service look better. I used click forms for a long time and it worked great. Never lost a report. I had big hopes for nighthawk but there's zero chance I'm paying what they charge for access, not to mention, its all online and no report cloning or templates. Utterly useless for me.

I'm just surprised more people aren't using SFREP. None of them are fully ready and I'd rather use something that works knowing integration of mobile service is coming than roll the dice on some crappy system like TOTAl just because it's Half working... end rant
 
The GSEs don't generally purchase AV loans and what the VA does regarding UAD 3.6 has nothing to do with GSE requirements.....with VA yiou are not talking "a ton of loans" either, VA is only about 8% of the total mortgage market.
VA Loans are mostly sold to Ginnie Mae not F&F the same with FHA and HUD loans.
 
It's crazy to me to see so many people using TOTAL with the colossal failures and data loss appraisers continue to experience. SFREP does not have an active mobile app right now but integration is coming. Of all the 3.6 softwares I have tested, SFREP is the only one that actually seems to work and consistently deliver reports with minimal failures.

I used alacommode years ago and it was the absolute worst software. I lost so much data and spent so many hours double typing reports, there is no way you'd ever get me to go back. It seems that has not changed for them. They sell the bells and whistles to make their service look better. I used click forms for a long time and it worked great. Never lost a report. I had big hopes for nighthawk but there's zero chance I'm paying what they charge for access, not to mention, its all online and no report cloning or templates. Utterly useless for me.

I'm just surprised more people aren't using SFREP. None of them are fully ready and I'd rather use something that works knowing integration of mobile service is coming than roll the dice on some crappy system like TOTAl just because it's Half working... end rant
And yet 50 to 60% use Total.....Hmmmn
 
And yet 50 to 60% use Total.....Hmmmn

A LOT of people continue to use them because it's a PAIN to switch to a different software provider when you have used the same one for 10+ years and all your files are on that software. With 3.6, that's NOT the case, there will be appraisers leaving Al a Mode in DROVES once 3.6 is all the way in place, there's really no reason to be loyal or stick with ANY software provider once 3.6 is a reality.

You can't clone a 2.6 report into a 3.6, so what's the point of being loyal to any software company, once 3.6 is rolling, everyones 2.6 reports are almost uselss as far as GSE work is concerned, you'll just have hunderds of old appraisal reports that can't really be utilized for much.
 
A LOT of people continue to use them because it's a PAIN to switch to a different software provider when you have used the same one for 10+ years and all your files are on that software. With 3.6, that's NOT the case, there will be appraisers leaving Al a Mode in DROVES once 3.6 is all the way in place, there's really no reason to be loyal or stick with ANY software provider once 3.6 is a reality.

You can't clone a 2.6 report into a 3.6, so what's the point of being loyal to any software company, once 3.6 is rolling, everyones 2.6 reports are almost uselss as far as GSE work is concerned, you'll just have hunderds of old appraisal reports that can't really be utilized for much.
I guess I just have not had your issues with Total at all. I have used it for over 20 years.
 
I guess I just have not had your issues with Total at all. I have used it for over 20 years.
You're lucky to not have any issues. I used them for several years through 2 versions and lost countless reports. Every time I called tech support they'd say some nonsense like "yeah, that's a known issue we're working on...". Unreal. I'm clearly not the only one and the current failures in their new software is well documented.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top