• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

SFREP Table of Contents

Phil McDonald

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
Hello,

I am attempting to transition to SFREP after a few decades of using different software. I have been able to adjust to the different nuances of this program and even discovered some significant advantages to SFREP.

However, I have now hit a wall and after multiple calls to the vendor, I am told that they don’t have a table of contents and don’t have a solution.

I am not going to hand type a table of contents for a report and I am not going to submit a report without a table of contents. So, I thought I would reach out to see if any other appraisers using SFREP have found a work-around or solution to this problem.

I appreciate you taking the time to consider my question and sharing any solutions you have found.

Thanks

Phil

Go to "support" and search for "skeletons." You select the forms which become part of a standard report for a refi, open the forms, and typically the word processing page, then save it as a skeleton with a name. You pre-fill some of the forms so you can be accused of 'boiler platting' and then re-save it. And there will be a different skeleton for a private appraisal, etc. Its not 'visual' as say a word document, it more 'list' oriented. Once you've done one you'll get it.

There are videos on line and if you call the 800 support line tomorrow they will connect to your computer and walk you through it. They are very nice.

SFREP has a user group in Facebook and yahoo where you can get good suggestions like Elliott just gave, the one in FB is monitored by SFREP tech employees, I’ve used SFREP for around 25 years and like it because it can be usually be customized to some extent.

Thanks for your messages and insight into SFREP. New software is always a challenge and this transition seems to be going pretty well since the Table of Contents has been the only thing that I have not been able to resolve. I have built the new templates (skeletons) in SFREP from my old templates and while it took a considerable amount of time, it was not terribly difficult to understand the software.

I will take a look at the Facebook group as well. I am glad you mentioned that because I would not have thought about that. Support said they would pass along the request for this as a form to be included. It does seem like a pretty simple thing to include and I hope they will develop this form so that I can use this software.
Thanks again for your thoughts
Phil

Did you ever figure a way to include a table of contents? I'm looking into SFREP and this is something that still seams to be lacking.

Hello,

I am attempting to transition to SFREP after a few decades of using different software. I have been able to adjust to the different nuances of this program and even discovered some significant advantages to SFREP.

However, I have now hit a wall and after multiple calls to the vendor, I am told that they don’t have a table of contents and don’t have a solution.

I am not going to hand type a table of contents for a report and I am not going to submit a report without a table of contents. So, I thought I would reach out to see if any other appraisers using SFREP have found a work-around or solution to this problem.

I appreciate you taking the time to consider my question and sharing any solutions you have found.

Thanks

Phil
What software are you leaving behind? What advantages have you found in SFREP?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back