• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Sketch shifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Butler

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2002
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I'm using Apex 5 with Total 2013 and my sketches are shifting to the right when I close down Apex and the sketch drops onto the photo page. I recall having a similar problem last year and it appears that it came back.

I might need to move to California so that my sketches take on a left orientation that would bring them closer to the center.

Any idea for a solution.
 
Pat,

From what you describe, it sounds like the sketch is staying put in Apex, but that when your forms app is loading the image, it is shifting it over. This may be because your forms app is not sizing the image properly, or that you have an "incompatible" default sketch form loaded in Apex. The image snagged from within Apex is sized for different forms company's borders. Check your page layout settings to see what you are using. If that is OK, then it sounds like the forms app is not using the size parameters that are being passed during integration. There is a settings in the old "print" dialogs where folks could make manual adjustments for hard copy printouts when their "clone" printer was not properly emulating an HP. This dialog is rarely used since most of us don't do hardcopy prints from within Apex anymore, but the image sent to a forms app via integration is related (just one "DC" or another) so you might be able to fool it by doing that.

First thing I'd do is check with your forms folks and make sure they are ascribing to the image parameters being passed during integration. I've seen a company or two simply forget to use that and just assume the image is left (or right) justified when placing it in the container. Mostly, of course, the techs will say "We didn't change anything" be we all know that the code doesn't change itself. If we could do that, we'd work on getting it to improve itself, LOL

All kidding aside, if you can't get the situation resolved give Jonathan a call and maybe he can help tweak your settings. Just remember - if we tweak it one way or another to compensate for something the forms app is doing (or not doing) if/when they fix it, the sketch may be shifted the other way...

I'm passing this thread link to Jonathan so he will be familiar with it in case you call.


Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
 
Hi Randall- I'll probably have to call Jonathan. The sketch already looks shifted in the print preview in Apex, before I bring it back into T2013. The only way I can fix it is by moving the sketch to the left side of the screen and see how it looks in print preview.
 
Fixed

Pat,

If the Print Preview in Apex shows the sketch shifted, then (as you stated) the issue is in Apex and not due to integration or mishandling the image. If you want me to take a look at it before you speak with Jonathan, Brian or Steven on Monday, just PM me and attach a sample sketch file and screen shot of your print preview. If I can't spot the issue pretty quickly, I may need to look at your settings, so other info would be helpful - OS & version, Apex version & date from Help/About, default printer info, etc. Assuming that the issue is with all sketches, we need to see what is causing the shift, whether it is device context related, etc. If the issue is with certain files vs. all files, we'll want to find the item that is influencing the bounding rect for the image/print items.

[Edit] Pat sent me the file and things were normal on my systems at home. He reports, however, that resetting the configuration file via the Tools/Config dialog (see image below) that I suggested worked to alleviate the issue. Evidently, something in his configuration file got wonky... I forgot to ask if he used the [Reset All] or navigated to a particular tab and used [Reset Tab]...


-Randall Garrett-
@Apex Software@

/end/
 

Attachments

  • Tools-Configuration dialog.jpg
    Tools-Configuration dialog.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top