• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

SketchIt software quick keys?

gringogigante

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
So is there a way to get the line to "snap" to the proper length when you're at this point in the sketch? Since there is no such thing as a perfectly square house, I've found quite often that the last wall may be 0.1-0.3 off from my measurement. How can I get the below pictured thin line to snap to the proper length before I hit enter?
1704335849233.png

So is there a way to get the line to "snap" to the proper length when you're at this point in the sketch? Since there is no such thing as a perfectly square house, I've found quite often that the last wall may be 0.1-0.3 off from my measurement. How can I get the below pictured thin line to snap to the proper length before I hit enter?
View attachment 83635
I know in rapidsketch. If I use the arrow key and each time it will take me to the next point parallel to the line I am drawing. In your case why not just draw the left side and auto close the sketch where the thin line is.

I dont use the software. Reading the knowledge base says:

Area Close Mode Bar which monitors the distance necessary to close the Area at all times. The X variable indicates the horizontal distance, while the Y variable shows the vertical distance. TOT shows what the length would be to close the area by drawing a direct straight line from the current point to the POB.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back