• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Survey Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Joined
May 2, 2002
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Waiting for my new machine to get back from the shop, I made the mistake of telling them I was in no hurry..actually I am not, but... anyway,

Can I assume that the surveying module is still available with Apex?
 
Yes, it is still available and will be available in the updated coming out in a few weeks. Their survey module is absolutely wonderful, very quick, easy and accurate. I use it daily.
 
TLS,
As the others have said, the Survey Module is still a part of Av5. I'm not sure when I'll release the Survey Module for Av6, though. I don't want to make it sound like it'll be a lengthy wait, though. I just want to restore some lost functionality that has crept in over the past 20+ years or rewrites, updates/upgrades, etc. Yeah, I'll add some stuff that was always on the drawing board but never got fully exposed, too :-) We've gotten the core stuff done for Av6 but I put a stop to Survey Module specific stuff for the moment as all efforts are on getting the core Av6 out for fee appraisers. Just as Av6 makes things easier for users than previous versions, I aim to make Survey Module easier and more powerful :-) Of course, installing Av6 does not overwrite your previous Av4/Av5 install, so you'll still have access to the Survey Module in your previous version and the files written in one version can be read by the other :-) I know that our Av6 release has taken longer than anticipated. There are lots of legitimate reasons - and some that are simply us taking too long, doing stuff for groups that in retrospect were either not really important or just bad decisions (IMHO) - so I'll get with Robert and start posting stuff in a more "forthcoming" manner. We sort of "went dark" on stuff we've been doing because of agreements we have in place, but we let the "cone of silence mode" creep into our regular appraisal product. I'll start posting screenies, etc. in a different thread soon. personally, I just want to steer clear of making it seem like a sales pitch, and stick to more of the "How do I?" spectrum...

BTW, wazzup with your new machine? Is this the new beast you just got? I was looking forward to hearing how it was working out.


Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
+Apex Software+

/end/
 
There seems to be a glitch in the wi-fi and it wants to turn itself off then can't find the server or hotspot. So they are running it on the bench to try and get it to repeat the error. May end up replacing the wi-fi card
 
Ahhh, I see... Bummer. Have you considered a new router along with the new card for the laptop?
Everything else to your satisfaction?

-Randall-

/end/
 
It seems the router is the issue perhaps. Ran on the bench flawlessly in town for a week. He said he had seen that a few times with 8.1 machines. PS - ready to pull the trigger in a day or two when I can get out from under this mess of work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top