• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Things that nighthawk needs to improve

MRL

Sophomore Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Minnesota
After completing a couple reports I figured I would start a thread hoping the developers at Bradford see it.

1. The lack of a sketching program is crazy. I have to open clickforms, make a sketch, transfer to clickforms, make a pdf of the sketch, upload to nighthawk, then manually enter the square footage for each level.

2. The way photos are uploaded is very tedious. You have to click on the camera, scroll through all your pictures to find the 1 you want to use, then click on save. You have to do this for every picture! One at a time

3. Each cell should be able to have save common response for future use.

4. Maybe it’s there but I can’t seem to find a spell checker.

5. The “get photos from MLS” doesn’t work for me. The IT person said it doesn’t always work.

6. The listing number doesn’t transfer into the grid for the comparables.

Feel free to add to the list.
 
4. Maybe it’s there but I can’t seem to find a spell checker.
Your browser/operating system should at least have a spell checker in since it's web based.

2. The way photos are uploaded is very tedious. You have to click on the camera, scroll through all your pictures to find the 1 you want to use, then click on save. You have to do this for every picture! One at a time
Is there not a way to just dump all the photos and supporting docs in at once then tag/match later?

5. The “get photos from MLS” doesn’t work for me. The IT person said it doesn’t always work.
Is there a way to upload comp images? This sounds more like a MLS limitation than anything.
 
1. The lack of a sketching program is crazy. I have to open clickforms, make a sketch, transfer to clickforms, make a pdf of the sketch, upload to nighthawk, then manually enter the square footage for each level.
If your sketching program works as a stand alone you can just save the sketch and insert

5. The “get photos from MLS” doesn’t work for me. The IT person said it doesn’t always work.
I have had no problem
After completing a couple reports I figured I would start a thread hoping the developers at Bradford see it.
Just send it to support
 
I used to use Wintotal, and I ALWAYS uploaded the photos myself. So, why don't you do that? That must work for anyone.
 
After completing a couple reports I figured I would start a thread hoping the developers at Bradford see it.

1. The lack of a sketching program is crazy. I have to open clickforms, make a sketch, transfer to clickforms, make a pdf of the sketch, upload to nighthawk, then manually enter the square footage for each level.

2. The way photos are uploaded is very tedious. You have to click on the camera, scroll through all your pictures to find the 1 you want to use, then click on save. You have to do this for every picture! One at a time

3. Each cell should be able to have save common response for future use.

4. Maybe it’s there but I can’t seem to find a spell checker.

5. The “get photos from MLS” doesn’t work for me. The IT person said it doesn’t always work.

6. The listing number doesn’t transfer into the grid for the comparables.

Feel free to add to the list.
I use a standalone sketcher (RapidSketch).
Have you tried using the Fieldhawk inspection app? (photos)

One thing that I don't like is some of the extra stuff in the sales grid. If you look at SFREP's grid and Nighthawk's SFREP is much simpler. For instance, why the Gross Building Area in the Dwelling section in Nighthawk?
 
2. The way photos are uploaded is very tedious. You have to click on the camera, scroll through all your pictures to find the 1 you want to use, then click on save. You have to do this for every picture! One at a time
Have you tried drag and drop?
 
I use a standalone sketcher (RapidSketch).
Have you tried using the Fieldhawk inspection app? (photos)

One thing that I don't like is some of the extra stuff in the sales grid. If you look at SFREP's grid and Nighthawk's SFREP is much simpler. For instance, why the Gross Building Area in the Dwelling section in Nighthawk?
I haven't tried fieldhawk yet but the demo video using the VR laptop was also showing you had to upload pictures in a similar way.
 
It does not work. The IT person said maybe a later version might have it.
It works for me. You may not be able to do it directly from your phone if you use it for photos. But I use phone link in Windows 11 and it opens them in file explorer. I drag them from file explorer right into the report
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top