• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Has Any Banker, Client, or Attorney Ever Asked You About a Particular Designation

Have You Ever Been Asked by an Appraisal Client About a Particular Designation?

• No one has ever asked about a Designation in the Context of an Appraisal Client.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I've never been asked about any designation except MAI

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I have been asked if I had an ARA designation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have been asked if I had an ASA designation.

• I have been asked if I had a GAA or other Realtor designation

• I have been asked if about a designation but not any particular designation

• Flawed Poll.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The only time I've been asked about a designation was back in the mortgage broker ordering days. From lenders I was submitting samples to get on their roster. MRI or SRA....that was it.

AMC's never. Their primary concern was certification and E&O insurance, and how low can you go.....

Reactions: RCA
Over the years I worked for/with a few SRA's, MAI & CCIM associates who got me on various approved Lists, which was typical of that era. Because reports were sent from client to client, those approval/clients grew and at one point was on every list/roster I could think of across the country. All in all, I can't remember anyone ever asking for any designation other than being certified. During that time, we also got on several attorney lists, which were also sent to other attorney's (referral lists). Almost everyone during that period was concerned with the Quality of the reports. Today, not so much.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back