• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ValuSignal 2026

Still not sure what he's misrepresented? You are angry that he has 'MAI' behind his name. I looked his name up on the AI website, and they show the same - an 'MAI' and an 'SRA' behind his name. What's he misrepresenting?

Don't know that it would help you, but when I find myself angry at something that I can't change, I try to step away and just breathe. Maybe it'll help you too?
Not angry. So when you become an MAI you can then become a certified General appraiser. Right? You can do commercial work right?

Then why is he only a certified residential appraiser in the state of Illinois? Wouldn’t he be a certified general appraiser? He’s got the MAI but is still only a residential appraiser.

So by your logic he can do commercial appraisals because he has an MAI from the institute but the state says he can’t cause he’s only certified residential. Am I not explaining this in elementary terms for you?

I guess you can get your MAI then and just want to stick to residential work?
 
Not angry. So when you become an MAI you can then become a certified General appraiser. Right? You can do commercial work right?

Then why is he only a certified residential appraiser in the state of Illinois? Wouldn’t he be a certified general appraiser? He’s got the MAI but is still only a residential appraiser.

So by your logic he can do commercial appraisals because he has an MAI from the institute but the state says he can’t cause he’s only certified residential. Am I not explaining this in elementary terms for you?
By my logic? I said nothing about who can, and can't, do commercial appraisers. Introducing straw men into a discussion doesn't really add anything of value. And certainly, being an @$$ doesn't really contribute to the conversation - but it does open the door for me to exercise some level of levity as well. Here's what I said (in sum): how is Mr. Hobbs misrepresenting himself? You accused him of doing so by having an 'MAI' after his name. I looked him up on the AI website - and sure enough - they have him as having an MAI behind his name as well. Then my question of you was, how is he misrepresenting himself?

It sounds like your beef is with either the AI or the State of Illinois- possibly both. If you're that worked up about it, why not file a complaint with the state of IL?
 
By my logic? I said nothing about who can, and can't, do commercial appraisers. Introducing straw men into a discussion doesn't really add anything of value. Here's what I said (in sum): how is Mr. Hobbs misrepresenting himself? You accused him of doing so by having an 'MAI' after his name. I looked him up on the AI website - and sure enough - they have him as having an MAI behind his name as well. Then my question of you was, how is he misrepresenting himself?

It sounds like your beef is with either the AI or the State of Illinois- possibly both. If you're that worked up about it, why not file a complaint with the state of IL?
lol. You crack me up. The fact you don’t get it makes me laugh more. Good day sir or maam. It’s clear as day and you continue to ignore the facts.
 
lol. You crack me up. The fact you don’t get it makes me laugh more. Good day sir or maam. It’s clear as day and you continue to ignore the facts.
What fact am I ignoring? The fact that the AI let him have an MAI - even when ASC only shows him as being CR? Your argument was that he is misrepresenting himself. I'm simply asking how? Hate to see a polemicist as deft as you leave the discussion, but you know what they say - che sara, sara.
 

i thought joan was out...guess not...is that you chase i cant stop laughing :rof:
Yep, pretty much all the software companies are presenting - good chance to see their wares. I've never done the in person conference with the booths and all that but I do like this online format. I'm also doing one on jobs/hiring/non-lender type of valuation industry roles and talking about the ASC data. Michael Hobbs is a good one, I'm on an upcoming podcast of his. Justin Gohn is another worth following, he's doing some mind-blowing stuff with commercial reports and AI. Carole Strugala knows her stuff for getting more into private work. No, we are not getting paid (unless we use the referral code thing).
 
What fact am I ignoring? The fact that the AI let him have an MAI - even when ASC only shows him as being CR? Your argument was that he is misrepresenting himself. I'm simply asking how? Hate to see a polemicist as deft as you leave the discussion, but you know what they say - che sara, sara
The fact that he represents himself to do commercial with a MAI when he can’t. The fact he is a certified residential appraiser. Hold that MAI high. You can’t do **** with it as per the state. So simple. So easy. Yes. You should walk away from this.
 
The fact that he represents himself to do commercial with a MAI when he can’t. So simple. So easy. Yes. You should walk away from this.
And you have evidence that he's misrepresented himself to do commercial work when he can't? Again - why wouldn't you report this to IL? Unless you don't. Or unless you don't care as much as you say you do. As to walking away, I'm afraid I'm not very good at that. Especially when it's as easy as this is.
 
And you have evidence that he's misrepresented himself to do commercial work when he can't? Again - why wouldn't you report this to IL? Unless you don't. Or unless you don't care as much as you say you do. As to walking away, I'm afraid I'm not very good at that. Especially when it's as easy as this is.
Evidence? Illinois state board says he is a CERTIFIED APPRAISER. NOT CERTIFIED GENERAL. How can you not comprehend this. That means you can’t do commercial work even if the corrupt AI gives you an MAI. And yet you use these letters behind your name to which you can’t even use cause you aren’t a general. Which is misleading. Seriously are you this dumb?
 
Evidence? Illinois state board says he is a CERTIFIED APPRAISER. NOT CERTIFIED GENERAL. How can you not comprehend this. That means you can’t do commercial work even if the corrupt AI gives you an MAI. And yet you use these letters behind your name to which you can’t even use cause you aren’t a general. Which is misleading. Seriously are you this dumb?
You keep avoiding the elephant in the room. If you have evidence that he is misrepresenting his credential - have you filed a complaint with the state of IL? And if not, then why not? Because it's easier to just call random appraisers dumb? Name calling is so childish and unbecoming. You'll sound a lot less... wait for it... dumb - if you could stick to the debate and refrain from personal attacks.
 
smh. So glad you are ok with someone misrepresenting themselves. You clearly don’t get it. You clearly have your forum chest pumped out. Insane that you don’t Get it. My bad.

I’m gonna go get my MAI and misrepresent myself later this year.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top