• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

What if we do not have sufficient interior data to complete a desktop in a 10004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ Valuator

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Jersey
What if we cannot ascertain how the attic is accessed or if there are sump pumps in the basement or the type of trim, etc.? Do we extraordinary assumption every interior characteristic that we cannot obtain?
 
I would think a phone call to the home owner would take care of most items. Now whether or not you want to believe them is another story.
 
I would think a phone call to the home owner would take care of most items. Now whether or not you want to believe them is another story.

I am not sure why is typed 10004, but I am so frustrated. Calling the owner is great, but if the owner is dead it could pose a problem.
 
What if we cannot ascertain how the attic is accessed or if there are sump pumps in the basement or the type of trim, etc.? Do we extraordinary assumption every interior characteristic that we cannot obtain?
Those are ordinary expectations a home in avg or better condition would have / assumptions or EA would take care of it as a summary
 
I've yet to complete a 1004 desktop....

Is the process that different than a 2055?
 
I've yet to complete a 1004 desktop....

Neither have I. However, I do know that 2055's do not ask what type of flooring is in the house and if there are any sump pumps.

Is the process that different than a 2055?
 
2055 ask about appliances, windows and other similar items....
In each section of the report I write "Drive by-no interior inspection....
 
2055 ask about appliances, windows and other similar items....
In each section of the report I write "Drive by-no interior inspection....

With the exception of the appliances, everything else can be seen from the outside or aerial pretty much for a 2055.

I am just trying to get some feedback from my peers not looking for a back and forth tit for tat.

Like for example attic. What are you going to check if you do not know?
 
Reminder from 2055 form. Same philosophy applies for 1004 desktop

View attachment 44954

I gotcha, but I am questioning the interior characteristics required on a 1004 that are not on a 2055. If I cannot obtain what type of flooring, or if there is an attic, or if there are any sump pumps, etc. does that mean I do not have sufficient data?

Town halls are closed. Obtaining public info from them is not possible. Online data is very limited. Owner is dead. It is not a sale, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top