• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Apex Sketch - UAD 3.6

mutigerfan

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
I have been using Apex 6.0 for years. Paid a "lifetime membership" fee a long time ago.
I received a email stating that Apex 7.0 is coming out - so I called them.
"They said" Apex 6.0 will not work for UAD 3.6 as a sketch-provider and that I would have to pay an additional $449 and $189/year thereafter to use Apex 7.0 on UAD 3.6 software......?
Is that correct ? What sketch programs do you suggest for UAD 3.6 ?
Guy on the phone sounded kinda fishy.

Here is the Old Man in the Room Statement - I do not want to use anything but my good old tape measure - sketch -and then upload. KISS.

I just need a simple sketch program.
 
I dropped Apex 6 years ago and started using Total Mobiles Sketcher, never looked back.
 
Thanks Larry - but I forgot to mention I am not a Total guy....sorry.
 
Does ACI include a free basic sketch program in its software?

Alamode does ( I use the basic free one) then they offer more $ add-on sketch programs
 
AI lookup-


ACI offers several integrated sketching tools, including ACI SureStep sketch, ACI Sketch, and ApexSketch v7, designed to help appraisers and inspectors create accurate, compliant floorplans and calculate Gross Living Area (GLA). These programs support desktop and mobile sketching with seamless data transfer to ACI appraisal reports. [1, 2, 3]

Key Sketching Tools
  • ACI SureStep Sketch: A mobile-friendly, single sketching application that works across devices. It automatically calculates room counts, finished/unfinished basement areas, and above-grade GLA. It is built with intelligent compliance rules to meet Fannie Mae standards for Desktop Appraisals. [1, 2]
  • ApexSketch v7: A professional-grade desktop and mobile sketching program that seamlessly integrates with ACI. It features active pen support, area detection, and a simplified user interface. [1]
  • Legacy/Third-Party Support: ACI also supports integrations with other sketching platforms like RapidSketch, as well as legacy options (e.g., Apex v6 and lower, Winsketch). [1, 2]
 
AI lookup-


ACI offers several integrated sketching tools, including ACI SureStep sketch, ACI Sketch, and ApexSketch v7, designed to help appraisers and inspectors create accurate, compliant floorplans and calculate Gross Living Area (GLA). These programs support desktop and mobile sketching with seamless data transfer to ACI appraisal reports. [1, 2, 3]

Key Sketching Tools
  • ACI SureStep Sketch: A mobile-friendly, single sketching application that works across devices. It automatically calculates room counts, finished/unfinished basement areas, and above-grade GLA. It is built with intelligent compliance rules to meet Fannie Mae standards for Desktop Appraisals. [1, 2]
  • ApexSketch v7: A professional-grade desktop and mobile sketching program that seamlessly integrates with ACI. It features active pen support, area detection, and a simplified user interface. [1]
  • Legacy/Third-Party Support: ACI also supports integrations with other sketching platforms like RapidSketch, as well as legacy options (e.g., Apex v6 and lower, Winsketch). [1, 2]
ApexSketch costs a fortune. I know because I checked them out when I had computer issues. I use Rapidsketch, which is no longer in business. When I become active with Nighthawk (Clickforms) for 3.6, I am expecting to be told I will need something else. Dig out checkbook and hope I can charge more for appraisals!
 
Just spoke to my software - provider Bradford.
He basically said the Apex and Bradford do not communicate with each other.
He said I will be able to sketch with Apex V6 - they will not be able to support it - which is fine because in 25-years I have never called them for support anyway. He said sketch away - save and then import....that's it...as the date gets closer - I am getting nervous.
 
Perhaps its time to switch to a different software
 
AI Overview





Yes, Bradford Technologies offers a free built-in sketching app called Inspect-a-Lot. It is a field inspection and sketching tool designed for the iPad that allows you to draw layouts, calculate Gross Living Area (GLA), and sync data directly into your ClickFORMS desktop software. [1, 2]
Here is how the free sketching setup works with Bradford:
  • Inspect-a-Lot App: It is free to download and use for all active ClickFORMS membership levels. You can sketch using your finger or the on-screen keypad to measure perimeters and define areas. You can download the Inspect-a-Lot from the Apple App Store. [1, 2]
  • Integration: Your sketches and photos sync from your iPad through the cloud straight into your ClickFORMS desktop appraisal reports. [1, 2]
  • AreaSketch & Apex: If you prefer using standalone sketching software on your PC, ClickFORMS also natively integrates with external programs like AreaSketch and Apex Sketcher. [1]
 
JGrant - good idea- the issue is that I am a Rural appraiser - I would estimate that 85% of my work are in areas with No Inernet access at all....I think I will still use Apex Version 6 and just download/upload until I retire......

CCAAMO - I love Bradford - been with them for a while now. Total just never gelled with me.....changing isn't an option at this time....​

 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top