autobot
Sophomore Member
- Joined
- Jul 2, 2026
- Professional Status
- General Public
- State
- California
So it sounds like the big "every possible situation" example provided by Freddie is kinda lacking, in that may example clearly said "just remodeled" but no dropdowns for details.The bottom line is you don’t have to have receipts. No one is going to keep them for 10 years. And if it is a resale to the present owners the present owners may have zero idea. This is where the appraiser will look and given a general analysis. But it is good to know what has been done and when it was done.
I watched the video and my reaction was is this guy is a bit blowing smoke. Some of the things he says are true, but some are a bit exaggerated. For example, the agent being there. That’s fine, but not necessary if there is a list. And I don’t mind having the agent give me their sales comps (if they are good). In fact I often ask agents for their comps ESPECIALLY if it is an odd ball property. AND I WOULD NEVER take these stupid scanning programs with any credibility. They are crap and highly inaccurate.
Also, "Upgraded" seems like poor choice of terms.
1)How does the Appraiser know what was there before. lol. Seriously, I've seen jobs where the old "classic" stuff was being removed and kept by the Seller, and replaced with fairly good but "builder grade" units.
2)"Upgraded" is a pretty meaningless term, and provides zero real info.
Unless they have receipts or are told, I doubt an Appraiser could know if its been "less than a year" or a few years, once the new-paint smell goes away. Its the miles not the years.
I always tell homeowners to keep all receipts for stuff like Home Depot's code for style of molding and digits of what their paint-match computer came up with, and exactly what brand and serial # of caulk, etc, and pass them on to new owners.
What stupid scanning programs? AMVs? I'm thinking AMVs driven by AI will become the authority due to the vast amounts of data they can use. AI AMV wont just use that neighborhood's data, but will look at a few million similar situations across at least the whole USA. Its not just that a new school affected prices in that locality, its what has happened in other 'hoods when that happens over the last few decades, and what will likely happen for that house in the next decade.
Last edited: