• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

1 cellphone w/2 seperate phone numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutyger

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Does anyone know if you can have 1 cellphone with 2 seprate incoming phone lines?

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Never heard of it. I know there is an internal chip that is phone # specific...maybe they make one with two chips.

Why not just buy two cell phones and duct tape them back to back.:rof:

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Never heard of this either. You could have another line and have it forwarded to your one cell phone. Set up distinctive rings for the people who call on the forwarded line.

This begs the question of why you would want to do this since you can only talk to on one line at a time? You know who is calling when you answer so you can answer appropriate to the call being received.

Financially Feasible

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I have a Verizon Voicewing main office line with two different phone #s... one for my PA clients and one for my DE clients (sorry, all of my other clients have to bite the bullet and pay LD charges :icon_mrgreen:). I've never heard of a cell phone with 2 different numbers, though. When I'm out of the office, I have all of my Voicewing calls forwarded to my cell phone... so, in a sense... I have 3 different numbers coming into my cell phone.

Chad Calhoun

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Look at google's Grand Central. It allows you to forward to any phone or mutliple phones. I also use Callwave which forwards the call and will email a text and mp3 of the message. You can also screen the message and pick-up if you decide it's important. Multiple numbers going to one phone (or mutliple phones).

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I used to own a bag phone which held 4 NAMs in the early days ~1991. I was working in an area where my cell on US Cellular was local to that area whereas my cell on ALLTEL worked at my house. This saved a bundle as Roaming charges were $1 a minute then. I was paying that and $50 for a McCaw Communications (MCI) radio telephone which had the RCC channels. It had a dial pad on the microphone and you could simplex it (that is you couldn't talk and listen at the same instance and people had to hesitate before speaking when you finished). If you missed a call, the operator took a message for you. It honked the car horn when a call came in.

I would be surprised if anyone makes such a phone but OTOH, a retired radio shack cell phone seller and electronics junkie I know said you can get phones that allow you to be on the internet and take a phone call at the same time.

CGgonnabee

Professional Status
State
Virginia
I have two phones...Verizon is business and US Cellular is family. I would love to have just one phone, but last I checked, it wasn't possible (which was a couple of years ago). Maybe the iphone? I would love to have an iphone, but then I would have three phones!

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I remember back in the 1990's when cell phones started getting popular. Your phone had an A and B chanel or something like that. Different providers were allocated to the A or B in your area. You could have an A # and a B # if you wanted to switch your phone back and forth. I don't think you can do that now.

George Opelka

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Florida
There is a cell phone that holds two SIM cards, however; the phone I saw (I believe it was an iClone) required that you determine which one is "ACTIVE" through a menu setting. In other words, if someone called Line 2 and Line 1 was ACTIVE, you would not be able to take the call. It still provides the convenience of having 1 phone for 2 separate numbers.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks