• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004 Desktop (70D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJAPRAZE

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
has anyone completed one of these?
how is it different than a trad 1004 or EXTER only?
are sketch and full photo portfolio required?

looks like someone else gathers data... appraiser then completes?

has anyone completed one of these?
how is it different than a trad 1004 or EXTER only?
are sketch and full photo portfolio required?

looks like someone else gathers data... appraiser then completes?
I’ve done one…it was a purchase. Very similar to a regular 1004. I utilized MLS data for subject, confirmed with realtor. Honestly, I find it more annoying. I’d rather just inspect regularly. It asks for all the same stuff. It just adds another layer of people, which can be time consuming if you don’t get answers quickly. And if you don’t get a floor plan with interior walls, that’s another issue. I guess they’d be useful for properties in very rural areas if an appraiser couldn’t get to the property for a while. But, where I cover, I think it’s quicker for me to inspect.

I’ve done one…it was a purchase. Very similar to a regular 1004. I utilized MLS data for subject, confirmed with realtor. Honestly, I find it more annoying. I’d rather just inspect regularly. It asks for all the same stuff. It just adds another layer of people, which can be time consuming if you don’t get answers quickly. And if you don’t get a floor plan with interior walls, that’s another issue. I guess they’d be useful for properties in very rural areas if an appraiser couldn’t get to the property for a while. But, where I cover, I think it’s quicker for me to inspect.
Sketch or floor plan with interior walls....
The ones I completed during 2021 only required a sketch....

I had an order come over yesterday for a BAC Desktop for $125 due 12/27. Large house on 3 acres. No prior MLS or Zillow data. I told them that I at least need to drive by and they pulled the order. Merry Christmas you filthy animal.

I had an order come over yesterday for a BAC Desktop for $125 due 12/27. Large house on 3 acres. No prior MLS or Zillow data. I told them that I at least need to drive by and they pulled the order. Merry Christmas you filthy animal.

At some point the state boards need to hold AMCs accountable for the bull**** they do.

I realize a lot of bribes and payoffs have been paid to avoid boards being too hard on them, but at some point enough is enough.

I wouldn't even respond. I've turned down assignments for desktops with no information about the interior available from 3rd parties.

They required interior walls/floor plan.
They didn't start accepting 1004 desktops until 2022. In 2021 you were doing a Covid desktop on a standard 1004 form. They did not require a floor plan/interior walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back