• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004D and an Engineer's Certification of compliance with PFGMH

Tom D

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
HUD-92051, worst form to fill out, you have to do it by hand because it's so old. looks more like it was invented for new construction, and they want you to use it for a repair item. did it twice, will never accept doing a 92051 form ever again.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Like the old 4150.2, the 4000.1 is organized by mortgagee responsibilities and appraiser responsibilities. The handbook is designed for use by appraisers, mortgagees, policy makers, etc. It can be difficult to find exact policy spelled out for every item.

The foundation system that meets the eligibility standards is the responsibility of the mortgagee and is mentioned first in the handbook on Pager 150 (II. Origination through POST-closing/endorsement; A. Title II Insured Housing Program...; 1. Origination/Processing; (5) (b) ... To be eligible for FHA mortgage insurance as a Single Family Title II Mortgage, all Manufactured Housing must: ... be designed to be used as a dwelling with a permanent foundation built in accordance with the Permanent Foundations Guide for Manufactured Housing (PFGMH);

The appraisers part starts on Page 527/528 as noted in this thread. For the mortgagee, there are several options including having a previous FHA mortgage where there is a foundation Cert. For the appraiser, there is no option but to condition the appraisal on the mortgagee verifying.

If we can't determine in the first place, then we can't determine in the second place. I've had this request a few times over the years and have always declined their request using something similar to the above explanation. The request has ALWAYS gone away.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
We have a lot of new FHA-DE Underwriters who dont know what the hell they are doing, I sat -side by side with them for years and any that are experience know they are the ones who have the authority and power to sighn off on inspections and reports provided by other professionals . BUT for $200.00 bucks send me a termire clearance, a septic tank certification an-engineers certification and I will happily, do a 1004-D which will state in BOLD FONTS that I received a copy and have attached it to my 1004-D and you are good to go : ) LMAO

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks