• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004p Inspections

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Michigan has been on here 13 years and that is a rookie to some of us. 2002 is when the old forum switched to a new format. Pre-2002 was a slugfest daily. I think I read only for a year before I started posted in 1997-1998ish. I was pretty confident I would get roasted with every post back then. And of course it happened quite a bit. Some guy from Hopland threw gasoline on a lot of fires.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Hard to believe you have been on here five years................
Imagine how 15-20 plus years AF members feel about the amount of years they've been logging in and the thousands of posts they've shared....

Trying to change the minds/options of their fellow appraisers....

Now that's a hoot and a holler....

glenn walker

Professional Status
State
California
Michigan has been on here 13 years and that is a rookie to some of us. 2002 is when the old forum switched to a new format. Pre-2002 was a slugfest daily. I think I read only for a year before I started posted in 1997-1998ish. I was pretty confident I would get roasted with every post back then. And of course it happened quite a bit. Some guy from Hopland threw gasoline on a lot of fires.
HOPLAND IS STILL HERE- HE GOES BY ANOTHER NAME : )

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
There were actually two Hopland appraisers posting back then. Mike and Greg. One is mild mannered, one is Greg.
It got so bad you had to start your own invitation-only live chat thing where we could machine gun each other.

* And talk about forum people we didn't like. :whistle:

Last edited:

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Wow.... you've been following my posts. I'm honored.
Yes. Having wondered off there’s a village somewhere that’s missing it’s idiot. It was spotted in the Watercooler critiquing Altima hubcaps

Last edited:

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Imagine how 15-20 plus years AF members feel about the amount of years they've been logging in and the thousands of posts they've shared....

Trying to change the minds/options of their fellow appraisers....

Now that's a hoot and a holler....
And you would be surprised how many minds were changed. I’ve found it fascinating as to how after a topic under discussion here influences and educates even the most detested entities.

For example..these hybrids. As a result of the collective wisdom here and heated discussions that ensued Using the description “inspector” by hybrid purveyors has been quickly changed to “data collector” who supposedly will no longer offer their “opinions” WRT a properties “condition”

Don’t underestimate the shots fired from bows here - they have changed the course of many ships.

EddieB

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
And you would be surprised how many minds were changed. I’ve found it fascinating as to how after a topic under discussion here influences and educates even the most detested entities.

For example..these hybrids. As a result of the collective wisdom here and heated discussions that ensued Using the description “inspector” by hybrid purveyors has been quickly changed to “data collector” who supposedly will no longer offer their “opinions” WRT a properties “condition”

Don’t underestimate the shots fired from bows here - they have changed the course of many ships.
Not to mention that recently the data collectors protocol changed to NOT provide quality or condition classifications. The fact that this huge change was glossed over by the proponents here on the A/F speaks volumes.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Hard to believe you have been on here five years................
At least 17 plus warnings....
3-4 30 day stints in the "cooler"....
I've been busy....

Had I been able to see into the future....
My screen name would have been Virgil Hilts or at least Cooler King!!!! :peace:

William Ash: The cooler king

"Ash modestly denied the claim. For one thing he didn't ride a motorbike, he said. For another, he did not take part in the breakout from the Stalag Luft III camp, on which the movie is based.

But the reason he did not participate is that he was locked up in the "cooler" - as the camp jail was called - as punishment for another escape attempt."

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks