• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

2008 Exam Study Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

acero97989

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I am getting ready to take my test in July and have already taken it before and failed it. Wondering if there is any other people that have taken the test and interested in getting together for a study group. (because there is not much material out there to help with the test) PM me or reply to this thread if interested!!:laugh:

Blueprint

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Have you looked @ learnappraising.com?? I did really well on the new certification exam and this site was one of my main resources.

acero97989

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
yes i did, I think learnappraising is good software but I don't believe its enough. The income approach, USPAP, and cost approach on learnappraising dont help much.

Blueprint

Professional Status
State
Oregon
For USPAP, you best resource is obviously going to be USPAP itself. For the the cost and income approaches, Fundamentals of RE Appraisal by Ventolo and Williams. Also, for the vocab and calculations you are struggling with, create flashcards and drill them into your brain multiple times a day until they stick!!!

When you took the exam, did you take your time, reread the questions before you answer them, and review them again at the end?? Use all the that they give you to take the exam.

I hope you find someone for a study group but I would not depend on it you know???

acero97989

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Thanks for the input Evan, there is just so many tricky questions on this new exam!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks