• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

2nd Appraisal for FHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmg

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I've been requested to do a second FHA appraisal for the MB who said the same, original Lender is requiring it. This is not a case of a declining market with a loan amount greater than $417K.

The case number was already assigned to another appraiser and the report was completed. (As an aside, I could not find the appraiser on the approved list and a copy of the appraisal report was forwarded to me...I have looked at it now that my report is done.) I told the MB I needed an assignment sheet with my name on it. He said he checked with FHA and they said no because it has already been given a case number.

This is a new experience for me. Should I be listed also as an assigned appraiser on the Case Number Assignment Results page or not? (I added a comment in my report as to who the original appraiser assigned was). In the past, I've always required the assignment result before proceeding. Never had it assigned to someone else. I used the same case number.

Before sending it in, I thought I'd get some feedback. Any guidence here is appreciated.

By the way, the original appraisal did not report any of the lead paint or safety issues I reported.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Is it a flip? If the current owner has owned it less than 6 months, FHA requires a 2nd appraiser/appraisal, and the 2nd one doesn't get a new case number.

redmg

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Yes...boy do I feel dumb...purchesed in March at Sheriff sale and rehabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks