• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

3.6 Crunch Time

Okay but non UAD cells could be filled in much faster then clicking UAD cells and i could fill a old URAR out lightning fast including copy and pasting and using key strokes.

The 2.6 was much slower then original appraisal software and especially uploading and or making changes after it's done.
DO ONE. Do a mock appraisal on your own house with one of the free trial offers of 3.6 software and get back to us on how easy or fast it is.
 
C Appraising pointed out the same bug I found with the mobile sketch when I did a basement sketch. I honestly don’t see a relatively bug free program for another 6 to 12 months.
Which software? That matters, a lot.
 
I am going to be doing my 2nd 3.6 this week. I have already gone through the desktop and filled in as much about the property as I can. Thankfully it is a simple ranch. But I can already tell it is going faster than the first time.

Same. Second one is much faster.

Still don't have a mobile inspection device compatible with 3.6 and not sure I'm going to upgrade yet. Plan on running manually until the roll out and see how everything shakes out with my clients and fees. Have been tweaking my templates so that's a huge time saver.

That being said, it's not looking favorable for us right now. Originations in the toilet, rates rising just in time for clients to lowball fees for the 3.6 implementation. Might just hide out at deer camp for the next month or three and come back after the industry goes to purge.
 
I’m sticking to a clipboard, tape measure, and laser measure. I like taking my time during the inspection, it’s the most crucial part of the appraisal process.
 
I’m sticking to a clipboard, tape measure, and laser measure. I like taking my time during the inspection, it’s the most crucial part of the appraisal process.
Why would a mobile app preclude you from taking your time? It's just a way to reduce double entry (ie entering it once on site and having it flow to where it needs to be in the report so you don't have to manually back in the office).
 
Why would a mobile app preclude you from taking your time? It's just a way to reduce double entry (ie entering it once on site and having it flow to where it needs to be in the report so you don't have to manually back in the office).
Because he likes to here the Lil voice inside of his head saying....back in my day lol.

I forgot my tablet last week. Had to use the Ole millia folder. Felt like I was in the stone age. What the heck is a pencil?. I was trained 20 years ago 50ft tape and a pencil.


Although my current software....use a tablet...the sketch is for uad 3.6. Use the desktop sketch still in 2.6 mode. Better hope you get the mobile sketch right. If not, you have to do it manually. Hope they fix that fast.

Love ya Chad.
 
Last edited:
Why would a mobile app preclude you from taking your time? It's just a way to reduce double entry (ie entering it once on site and having it flow to where it needs to be in the report so you don't have to manually back in the office).

I have no problem with a mobile app. I tried it years ago, and I found it fairly cumbersome. But to each their own. I prefer to have a sketch on a paper, usually have a professional sketch that was listed in the MLS as a guide. But again, whatever people are comfortable with.

I use an iPad for field inspections in my real job and it’s OK, as long as you don’t have to be hooked up to Internet. I’m not a huge fan of trying to save time in the field, it’s an important part of the process. As we sit here today, the biggest time waster is the new form. That’s where improvements need to be made.
 
As we sit here today, the biggest time waster is the new form. That’s where improvements need to be made.
Hey.... at least the new form eliminates the requirement to drive the comps.

Huh.... I wonder why that sale over there on Flower Street it's so much higher than the others:unsure: Oh well..... I got the height of the front door so we're all good.
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top