• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

3d Printed Homes Coming To Sw Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you could go watch them and let us know how the footers are getting in, or if they are even using footers, considering all the hoopla they can build one in 24 hours for $10k or less.

Interesting place for a first, Englewood. Ponce de Leon had his last tough time nearby and then Narvaez/Cabeza de Vaca landed at Englewood where a long weird trip really started.

Last edited:
Maybe you could go watch them and let us know how the footers are getting in, or if they are even using footers, considering all the hoopla they can build one in 24 hours for $10k or less.

They pour a typical concrete foundation with perimeter beams, then build the house using the printing system. Watch the video, neat system.

They pour a typical concrete foundation with perimeter beams, then build the house using the printing system. Watch the video, neat system.

I saw the video.

Still don't see how they "build one" in 24 hours when the slab has to cure before they can continue with the walls??

:shrug:

Makes me wonder if a big wind won't slide them around.

I saw the video.

Still don't see how they "build one" in 24 hours when the slab has to cure before they can continue with the walls??

:shrug:

Makes me wonder if a big wind won't slide them around.

I was just thinking the same thing, how will they comply with hurricane guidelines for construction??

I was just thinking the same thing, how will they comply with hurricane guidelines for construction??
Shuffle board homes.

:ROFLMAO:

Who needs regulations when you have new technologies?

:D

They said they are rated for wind and earthquake. Wow, 87 storms in 21 years.

Video may be a subliminal ad for Dairy Queen soft-serve!

The video kept cutting out around the 45 sec mark but ... from the article written below it:
"The building process would require a robot to sit in the center of the home and pour concrete or other building materials to construct the shell of the home from the inside out. A crane would then lift the printer out of the home, so the finishing touches could be completed.

“These homes are going to be able to withstand winds of up to 220 mph, an eight on the Richter Scale, longevity 150 years. They’re very, very strong homes,” Musilli said.

Using a robot can save time and labor costs — making 3D-printed homes a game changer in Sarasota County, where affordable housing is an issue.

The company plans to start small by printing homes between 700 and 1,400 square-feet."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back