• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

3d Printed Homes Coming To Sw Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video kept cutting out around the 45 sec mark but ... from the article written below it:
"The building process would require a robot to sit in the center of the home and pour concrete or other building materials to construct the shell of the home from the inside out. A crane would then lift the printer out of the home, so the finishing touches could be completed.

“These homes are going to be able to withstand winds of up to 220 mph, an eight on the Richter Scale, longevity 150 years. They’re very, very strong homes,” Musilli said.

Using a robot can save time and labor costs — making 3D-printed homes a game changer in Sarasota County, where affordable housing is an issue.

The company plans to start small by printing homes between 700 and 1,400 square-feet."
:ROFLMAO:

All the robot is doing is pouring concrete walls. That's it, nothing else. The footers and slab have to be poured and set up before the walls are poured. Hopefully rebar is installed to keep the walls from sliding off the foundation. Then the "poured walls" need to set up and cure before the windows, roof, and anything on the interior can be done.

I'd venture to say wooden exterior walls for a home between 700 and 1,400 SF without finishing, can be built cheaper and in less time, once materials are onsite.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They built so many of the entry-level CBC houses so fast in W FL, eons ago. I remember dropping off friends to work in the AM in some huge subdivision and then having almost nothing similar as a landmark by the end of their shift when I went to find them. Don't recall seeing much wood used except in roofing.

After Hurricane Andrew, they tightened code, or enforcement of it in the state. (Remember the roofs were found not to even be tied in?) This format must have oversight of current authorities having jurisdiction. Looks like the interior walls are formed into the exterior ones, all in one piece, hard to see. Is that in place of rebar, maybe?

Saw this video a week or three ago, the interior finish is the same concrete as exterior. Perhaps they paint it.
I'm wondering about the electrical system, how is wiring going in, ditto switches & receptacles.
The robot prints just the walls (exterior and exterior), what about insulation?
Roof on sample house they showed was single pitch flat roof with exposed trusses.
NOTE: I don't know where the $10,000 figure came from, in the video the man said they
hoped to cut (building) cost by 30-40%... a far cry from building for $10,000/unit

I'd venture to say wooden exterior walls for a home between 700 and 1,400 SF without finishing, can be built cheaper and in less time, once materials are onsite.

But but the TV guy said this is cheaper. :whistle:

Can you say backyard ADU? Crane that printer in, print the structure, crane it out.
Then the owner can finish it however they like. Maybe diy. :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back