• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A couple of 3.6 questions, help would be appreciated, thanks

KJR2008

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
For a property located within a PUD are photos (exhibits) required for each Common Amenities/Services Included? Within the sales comparison side by side is there any way to access total net % adjustment for each comparable. Within the site section, view is listed as, Residential/Full/Neutral, it requires an exhibit, what should go here? I am using Alamode Total.
 
Last edited:
Whatever version I used in the past, I would put photos of Common Amenities for condos. PUDs don't have much common photos to take.
I understand many appraisers do the minimum but these photos I like to pad up my report especially since now I don't need to print my reports to GSEs unlike the past.

Net adjustments are nice to rationalize in giving more weight but isn't as important in my reconciliation.
 
Whatever version I used in the past, I would put photos of Common Amenities for condos. PUDs don't have much common photos to take.
I understand many appraisers do the minimum but these photos I like to pad up my report especially since now I don't need to print my reports to GSEs unlike the past.

Net adjustments are nice to rationalize in giving more weight but isn't as important in my reconciliation.
If you can't amaze them with ability, baffle them with bs. Why am I not surprised
 
If you can't amaze them with ability, baffle them with bs. Why am I not surprised
Real appraisers know what to do (and put photos) that seem fit for a good appraisal report.
They don't need rules set by lenders (though they follow then since in engagement letter) nor USPAP telling them (and they keep evolving for the GSEs) the minimum needed to be an appraiser.
Of course, Dublin doesn't understand this.
 
Real appraisers know what to do (and put photos) that seem fit for a good appraisal report.
They don't need rules set by lenders (though they follow then since in engagement letter) nor USPAP telling them (and they keep evolving for the GSEs) the minimum needed to be an appraiser.
Of course, Dublin doesn't understand this.
Useful photos are fine. Padding the report with bling is skippy
 
Useful photos are fine. Padding the report with bling is skippy
Pictures can say a thousand words. And more interesting than bs in padding reports as many narrative reports do.
Admit it, we skip through the many pages in narrative reports with nonessential details and get to the page with the value and then we go back and see the justifications.
 
For a property located within a PUD are photos (exhibits) required for each Common Amenities/Services Included? Within the sales comparison side by side is there any way to access total net % adjustment for each comparable. Within the site section, view is listed as, Residential/Full/Neutral, it requires an exhibit, what should go here? I am using Alamode Total.
I have only done one 3.6 and have not done a PUD yet - I assume photo exhibits for amenities are client-based or an appraiser option, rather than the 3.6 itself requiring it?

ALAMODE is supposed to be functional for auto-adjusting by now - idk if it shows net % or not. If not, maybe we no longer need to comment on it?

I believe a view adjustment photo shows up if a view is an adverse or positive feature; however, I typically take a rear yard photo for a residential view. I do not believe the photo box needs a view if the view aspect is neutral, but I'm not 100% sure.
 
We are not required to use original photos - MLS often has better photos of a condo or PUD amenities than we could take.
 
I have only done one 3.6 and have not done a PUD yet - I assume photo exhibits for amenities are client-based or an appraiser option, rather than the 3.6 itself requiring it?

ALAMODE is supposed to be functional for auto-adjusting by now - idk if it shows net % or not. If not, maybe we no longer need to comment on it?

I believe a view adjustment photo shows up if a view is an adverse or positive feature; however, I typically take a rear yard photo for a residential view. I do not believe the photo box needs a view if the view aspect is neutral, but I'm not 100% sure.

1791041466379.png
 
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top