• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A Triple-wide ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonRico

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
I thought the VA did not want to touch Mobile Homes ??

Today I get a request for a Triple-Wide with over 3000 sq ft.......they're really scraping the bottom for this one.
The Homeowner doesn't know if it's Mobile, Modular or Manufactured....says the Label is visible. A 1998 Horton, it the HO is correct. Says that it sits on concrete pad.

I'm going to have to hit the books on VA .....has anybody had a Mobile/Modular for VA recently ??

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
VA will lend on pre-HUD code singlewides. A 1998 triple wide is a full on go. Have fun.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Have completed both modular and manufactured properties for VA. There is a section in the VA handbook addressing these property types. Good luck!

DonRico

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
I'm trying to wrap my head around 3000 sq ft of Modular Splendor.....is it 40 ft wide ?? 79 feet long ??

The Parcel is 1.79 acres. This is almost a Land Appraisal.

Between this monstrosity and the Solar Array one tomorrow.....I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue (Airplane Movie Reference)

DonRico

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Have completed both modular and manufactured properties for VA. There is a section in the VA handbook addressing these property types. Good luck!

greg--
Do you put these on the 1004C Form ?? Do you develop a Site Value ??

First pass thru MLS, I found very few MH Sales looking back 3 years.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Manufactured would go on the 1004C, modular on the 1004. Site value optional, unless required for credible results. My memory is that two similar comparables required, with stick-built comps as additonal comparables.

DonRico

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Thanks greg. I think I will develop a Site Value for this one, as a 1.79 acre Lot is a difference maker around here.

Can I ask you.....how do you distinguish an Manu from a Modular. Is it the Tags ?? Or something in the undercarriage ??

My Subject Visit is set for Thursday and I want to know what to look for .

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
If modular it will have this stamp:

http://www.ibts.org/assets/docs/SOUTH_CAROLINA.pdf

somewhere near the Data Plate (shows manufacturer name, date built, serial numbers etc) almost identical to a HUD data Plate with some different language that details whether built to State Code or to HUD code if so. Typically in same locations as HUD data plate. On electrical panel, under kitchen sink or other kitchen cabinet, behind master closet door etc. HUD Date Plate looks like this
upload_2017-8-9_9-41-19.jpeg

HUD tags look like this
upload_2017-8-9_9-42-33.jpeg
and there will be one on each section (unless they have been removed). Not on modulars.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Thanks greg. I think I will develop a Site Value for this one, as a 1.79 acre Lot is a difference maker around here.

Can I ask you.....how do you distinguish an Manu from a Modular. Is it the Tags ?? Or something in the undercarriage ??

My Subject Visit is set for Thursday and I want to know what to look for .

Print the first three pages of the 1004C so you will have them with you at the inspection. Highlight what you need, provide to owner or agent while you measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks