• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

A VERY tough appraisal assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Two lots improved with 1fr dwellings = two appraisals at Market Value which "is what the market indicates" whether a Contract Exists with outrageous "terms" or not.

Last edited:

xmtpedprl

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Oh, I know, it was just a joke.

However, seriously, what do you suppose you'd use as comparables on the URAR grid?

Yikes!

Dave...

David Wimpelberg

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
Oh, I know, it was just a joke.

However, seriously, what do you suppose you'd use as comparables on the URAR grid?

Yikes!

Dave...

It depends what your assignment is. And, as always, remember that forms do not dictate the appraisal process.

If you're determining the market value of two properties sold as part of one transaction, you're not talking about something that Fannie is going to be lending on. So no URAR is necesssary.

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Common sense dictates that, if they are getting two houses for the price of one, then you'd have to give two appraisals for the price of three, because two plus one equals three. That's true even in Las Vegas, the fertile valley.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
It depends.

If the first house is full, market value price and the second house on a separate lot is thrown in as a sellers concession, one 1004 (assuming it's a financed deal) would suffice. Just don't forget to comment on the additional house as part of the PA. Based on these terms and conditions of the PA (2 for 1), these sale would never qualify as a comp. Imagine taking a -$150,000 adjustment on a $150,000 sale. I suspect sellers motivation disqualifies this as a comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks