• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

ACI and Microsoft Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Tooke

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Several years back when I first set up emailing reports, ACI Tech Support advised me that I would need to install and use Outlook to send PDF files of my apprasial reports via a POP email server. I am not sure why all that was necessary, but I did all that and have been sending successfully for years now. Outlook, however, adds a layer out complication to checking email from different computers when away from the office. It would be much simpler if Outlook was not the clearing house for all email. I don't use many of the functions the Outlook offers and could get by well without it. I am not sure why Tech support first recommended Outlook.
Any thoughts out there on this situation would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
OUTLOOK EXPRESS WORKS FINE FOR PDFS.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I Have Used Earthlink With Webmail And Eudora And Also Yahoo To Send ACI Pdf Files.

Arkie Ed

BOB PADRICK

Professional Status
State
Florida
The reason ACI suggests outlook is that it has full mapi integration, whatever that really means. However, many other e-mail clients now support that as well, including the free Thunderbird. I've used it successfully for the past 2 years, with no real issues. It also managed to import a 4GB outlook 2003 file, complete with attachments and addresses, so it's a pretty good way to move. You can find it at www.mozilla.com, same as firefox.

Tim The Enchanter

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
checking email from different computers when away from the office.

Maybe web based, like yahoo or Gmail?
Would seem an easy solution for that issue. And free. :shrug:

Blueprint

Professional Status
State
Oregon
It would be much simpler if Outlook was not the clearing house for all email.

Check out Mozilla Thunderbird for email. Check out the new Firefox while you are at it. Microsoft is out of the loop and living on history as of right now. woohoo

Edward OConor

Professional Status
State
New York
Check out Mozilla Thunderbird for email. Check out the new Firefox while you are at it. Microsoft is out of the loop and living on history as of right now. woohoo

I love my Firefox, however, the local MLS does not support it only Explorer so I need to keep both.

Jeff Tooke

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Thank you

Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks