• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

ACI slow when closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Golab

Freshman Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Connecticut
We have 2 windows systems and they share files on a My Book World Edition that is connected to the router.

Problem we have is when we go to close a file its slow.

can this be elimanated with a server instead of the my book world edition, if so what server is best for the office.

ayekantspeylgud

Freshman Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Washington
MyBook is not actual network attached storage, if I remember correctly. It's just an external USB drive. You might try backing up your folders to there only, but set them to primarily save on your C: drive instead.

Or you might try an actual network attached storage device.

Either way, if you only have two Windows systems, I don't know if you would really need a server. How slow is it? Also, are there only two computers in your office at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks