• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Adjustment for outbuildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarraj1

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I am appraising a unique 2600 sq ft one bedroom home in a rural area. The subject also has a 2 br/ 1 bath guest house (no kitchen) with an attached one car garage, a 2 car detached garage with a workshop, a 4 stall barn with tack room, hay room and a bath, also a 4000 +/- sq foot indoor riding arena all located on 17 +/- acres. There are no similar properties around but I am having trouble determining a number to place on the adjustment for these extra buildings (one that can be supported). Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I am appraising a unique 2600 sq ft one bedroom home in a rural area. The subject also has a 2 br/ 1 bath guest house (no kitchen) with an attached one car garage, a 2 car detached garage with a workshop, a 4 stall barn with tack room, hay room and a bath, also a 4000 +/- sq foot indoor riding arena all located on 17 +/- acres. There are no similar properties around but I am having trouble determining a number to place on the adjustment for these extra buildings (one that can be supported). Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Some assignments are more difficult than others.

SOMEWHERE...at SOME point in TIME...there is market data that will indicate the contribution to MV of these "unique" attributes of the property.

Good luck. You have much research ahead of you. There are no short-cuts.

ghrousseau

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
2600 sq ft one bedroom home seems to bring up some functional issues as well. I know I'd be in over my head on that one. Might want to partner up with someone who has a good deal of experience on rural/farm/horse properties.:unsure:

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
2600 sq ft one bedroom home seems to bring up some functional issues as well. I know I'd be in over my head on that one. Might want to partner up with someone who has a good deal of experience on rural/farm/horse properties.:unsure:

Exactly. Which also brings to mind whether the poster should have accepted the order in the first place. :icon_idea: Unless able to "connect" with a Pro experienced in this type of property - in the local/regional market - recommend withdrawing from the assignment.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks